My first Frozen Cake!

I FINALLY GOT TO MAKE A FROZEN CAKE!!

Eeeeeeep!! I've been dying to make one of these since I first saw the film. *I FREAKING LOVE THIS FILM* And an old school friend of mine got in touch and asked me to make one for her daughters 2nd birthday.

I had a vision in my mind, with not a lot of notion as to how I'd put it in place. 

I'll admit it - I winged it completely. I knew I wanted to "frame" Elsa in some way. But the frame mould I bought, as lovely as it was - was tiny compared to the size of the cake. I had to improvise.

I took photos of pretty much every step so you can kind of gauge how it came together.


The "effect" was pretty simple. I rolled out the icing, laid an 9inch board on the top and without pressing down used my scalpel to draw a wavy boarder larger than the board itself.


Once I'd placed the image, I started on the frame. Like I said, I hadn't planned it in anyway so I had to make sure I did everything in symmetrical order ensuring that each roll of icing was the same size in length and thickness.


I love my silver paint and was so careful to paint over the frame. My plan was to use a grey base so the colour of the silver would be stronger.


And here it is! The cake in all it's glory! (With added Olaf)





Leigh Medway

Cat Lady, Cake enthusiast, dreamer, failing wanderluster and classic British moaner. TheGirlGang member!

No comments:

Post a Comment