The Harry Potter Cake

Unless you've lived under a rock for the last 20 years, you'll know instantly what the theme of this cake is.


I was asked my a colleague a few weeks ago to make a Harry Potter cake for his fiancé's birthday. I've only made one previously and to be honest, it was in my early days so the opportunity to take the whole thing one step further was something I jumped at!


I knew instantly that I wanted the Sorting Hat to be included. Sculpting the icing is my favourite part so the chance to make it from scratch was brilliant. He's probably my favourite part about this piece.


He came out absolutely spot to what I had in my head. I want to make more! 

I think I'm going to use a similar technique for an Oogie Boogie style topper towards Halloween. 


I ordered printed transfers of the Gryffindor emblem and the Hogwarts ticket - I couldn't be trusted to paint these with all of that detail haha!

My other favourite part of the cake is the board I adore wood effect cake boards and this is probably the best one I've created!


Leigh Medway

Cat Lady, Cake enthusiast, dreamer, failing wanderluster and classic British moaner. TheGirlGang member!

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful, I'll definitely be asking you to make my birthday cake!

    Beka. xo | littleworldofbeka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always up for a cake day <3 xx

      Delete
  2. I am amazed. This is the best cake I've ever seen, I love Harry Potter so much that I think I'd probably die if someone made me one like this!

    xx Susan | Growing Daydreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you hun! This is one of the most fun cakes I've made in a long time - itching to make more! xx

      Delete