Day 61 - 365 Challenge

So I actually knew about this last Wednesday BUT I had to wait for it to be officially announced before I could really talk about it...

I'VE BEEN PROMOTED!

It's been an awesome 8 months since I started working with my company, and everyone has been so supportive and helpful when it comes to learning my role. 

When I left my old job, I was taken from quite a senior role and I chose to take a position that would allow me to grow with a new company - as opposed to stepping right in and taking charge. 

It was important for me to understand the business, the culture and the processes before I leapt straight in and over the last few months I've been doing just that!

Just under two weeks ago I presented to my Senior Management Team and a few days later I was told the good news.

It's an amazing achievement; this time last year I doubted my ability and strength quite drastically and right now I feel like I can accomplish anything. 

My manager, who I will be taking over from, has been an awesome mentor (but don't tell him I said that) and my team have been absolutely fantastic. People I have barely worked with wished me luck, and have congratulated me on my promotion. 

It's been an awesome day that started with a knighting ceremony (because that's how we roll) and I'm really excited for the next step in my career journey!


Leigh Medway

Cat Lady, Cake enthusiast, dreamer, failing wanderluster and classic British moaner. TheGirlGang member!

No comments:

Post a Comment