Day 67 - 365 Challenge

Lots of good things happened today but I had very limited chance to take photos!

I was up early to travel to Leicester to visit a client. It was my first time visiting and seeings as they have just won some form of football thing (I'm not into sport at all) - the place was decked out in blue and white which was lovely to see!

So most of the day was spent in a car, travelling. It wasn't a bad journey but as everyone knows, there's only so much that can happen on the motorway. 

I came home and had a really chilled evening - it was lovely! The boy was home noodling about on the guitar so I had a chance to catch up on my Bloglovin feed.

But one of the highlights of today was buying a bike! I've been toying with the idea for a little while, mainly because it would be so much more cost effective than taxi'ing everywhere. But here's the catch - I haven't rode a bike since I was 7 years old. 

That's right, 22 years and I've steered clear after a no-where-near-serious incident involving a speed bump, my bike and an ice lolly. 

But I took the leap and went for it. I don't know what to name her yet (because everything has to have a name) but she's beautiful and should hopefully be here by the end of the week! Just in time for the weekend. 

The second highlight of the day - I started a book! I know, "Wow, big deal!" but it kind of is.

At the beginning of this year I set myself the task of reading more books, in particular more cultured books. I managed the grand total of 1 and a half. I read through The Stand by Stephen King and LOVED it. I started Oscar Wilds The Picture of Dorian Gray and that's when things got busy. 

With moving, promotions, works, caking and blogs I just haven't made the time for myself to really sit down and chill. 

Last night, I made sure I had the time and sat down with The Book Thief.

I'll be writing a review on this once I've finished, but I'm approx 70ish pages in and OMG it's beautiful.

So here is my photo of the day; my copy of The Book Thief, on my dressing gown adorned lap.


Leigh Medway

Cat Lady, Cake enthusiast, dreamer, failing wanderluster and classic British moaner. TheGirlGang member!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I LOVE the Book Thief, probably my favourite ever book! Hope you really enjoy it :)

    www.adventureandanxiety.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that book, and the film! Just really beautiful storytelling :). Your be fine on your bike haha, you never forget how to ride ;) just make sure to constantly pump up the tires, as they go flat fairly quick and trying to ride on flat tires is a nightmare!!

    themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete