Macaron Madam - Review!

I mentioned that on Saturday we visited the Love Southsea Market and we found this amazing macaron stand...


I'm a sucker for a tea party set up anyway.

I've never had macarons before. I've bought them a couple of times but Munchkin adores them so I end up lucking out. 

NOT THIS TIME!

These were for me.


On the stand, the lovely ladies at Macaron Madam were offering a box of 6 for £8.


Why the hell not!?

I went for: Chocolate Orange (Not featured), Pistachio, Limoncello, Peanut Butter, Strawberry Liquor and Rum & Raisin. 


And, being a willing volunteer, I'd thought I'd let you in my first every Macaron experience...


Chocolate Orange

OH MY SWEET JESUS. The first one of the bunch. I don't know what I was expecting but these are BEAUTIFUL! It literally melts in my mouth. I don't think I'm ever going to be able to stop eating them.

Limoncello

Citrus is my favourite type of flavour - so naturally I went for this lovely next. The lemon was subtle but obvious to know it was there, beautiful refreshing and summery. What's the acceptable amount of time to wait before having another? 30 seconds? 20? 10?!

Peanut Butter

Oh Peanut Butter, my first love. I had high hopes. It didn't disappoint. I'm devastated that I only bought one. WHAT WAS I THINKING? It was that awesome I had to share it with J. He went cross eyed. That's how awesome.

At this point, I'm questioning my entire existence on this planet to date. I have spent my life completely deprived. Why have I not had these sooner? Why haven't I had a peanut butter macaron every day of my life thus far?!

Rum & Raisin

I've never tried the Rum and Raisin combination before; for no reason other than opportunity. I love the raisin flavour. It's beautiful and really stands out. 

These little balls of almond goodness are making me so happy.

Strawberry Liquor

This was the chunkiest of the selection and the colour was so vivid! You can really taste the liquor in this one and the strawberry came through as an aftertaste. 

I can't believe I've eaten these in about 10 minutes. Is that normal behaviour?

Pistachio

I only tried pistachios for the first time about a month ago. And I've never tried them in any form of sweet variation so I was tres keen to try this one. That's why I saved it to last.

How does nutty goodness with sweet stuff even work!? What higher order selected this as an option in the first place? This is genius. Pure, mind blowing, genius.


 They're all gone. The macarons have been eaten. You know the saying; It's better to have love and lost, than to never have loved at all?

Applies to Macarons yo'. Seriously.

If you want to give this gorgeous little treats a try, head over to www.macaronmadam.com and place an order. 

xx


Leigh Medway

Cat Lady, Cake enthusiast, dreamer, failing wanderluster and classic British moaner. TheGirlGang member!

No comments:

Post a Comment